Q. How do I connect to PressReader?
PressReader is a eNewspaper and eMagazines service offered by the Library that allows you to read newspapers and magazines from dozens of countries and in dozens of languages. These are instructions on how to access this service.
Here are the ways that you can access PressReader using your Library card
1. At the library on an Internet computer with a library card
- Log in to the public computer using your library barcode (without spaces) and PIN.
- Visit the A-Z page on the myLibrary.org website (Note: this page may be quickly found in the eLibrary menu at the top of the site.)
- Scroll down to the "P" section or click on this link.
- Click on PressReader to launch the service.
2. On your own computer.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Connect to PressReader through the St. Charles City-County Library website. Enter your library barcode number (without spaces) and PIN.
- You will be taken to the PressReader website. Close the HotSpot pop-up window that confirms that you've connected through the Library.
3. Create a free PressReader account by following these steps.
- Click or tap on "Sign in" and then on "Library Card".
- Search for our library
- Choose our library
- Sign in with your library card number
4. To sign in on the PressReader app and link your activity, use the process outlined above.
5. Once you've signed into the app, turn on notifications and enable gifts. Then you'll be able to collect gifted access when you visit the library or connect to the library's wifi network. You'll also receive notifications when you come within range of other HotSpots in our area.
6. You can use this login on any of the PressReader apps during this period and download titles to read later. Refresh your access by clicking through from your library website again, or enable gifts in the app to update your access when you visit a library.